Friday 6 April 2007

Eight other things that keep me awake ...

1. "Lights, Camera, Action" - Ade's back from the pub then. He's hopeful. There's no party in my pants I can tell you, only a bloodbath - no-one's getting in tonight...
2. Rustle, rustle - the pesky kids outside are trying to sneak an oil drum off the back of Ade's pick up truck
3. Boooinnng - I bounce out of bed and commando crawl to the window to see that there are no pesky kids and truck is a-ok (that's on my knees not knickerless)
2. Ackackackackackack - the dulcet tones of my husband's snores - he never used to do that - what's gone wrong...
4. Smack - my clock falling over the the bedside table, eeek there's a polty geist!!! Miaaaow. Oh I see - only Flashy the pussy.
5. Wink ... wink ... wink - hmmm should've switched my radio off at the wall when leaping across room to catch oil drum thieves, the LED is sending an SOS to the sleep police.
6. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrarrrrrrrrrrr - something leaps on the bed puts his head on my pillow and his paw in mine - not Ade returning from the pub in a frisky mood, but Smudge come to check we're ok.
7. Tiptoetiptoe - I have a very close relationship with my bathroom in the night and visit the wc at least three times to make sure it is still there. I can get all the way down a flight of stairs without any lights or toe stubbing.
8. Whiirrr - the sound of my tiny brain desperately trying to compose my next blog entry - ooo what about all these blooming things keeping me awake...

Night night.

5 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

I just thought of another one.........That photo of Deirdre Barlow that you inexplicably showed to me on Sunday;)

Ros said...

Bet that gave you nightmares Mr T!
I've got one or two more things keeping me awake but I'm not putting them on my list :)

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Nightmares aside;) I'm very intrigued Mrs C! How does one find out what these things are?

Ros said...

One would have to be very good ...

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

I am good! Well. my Mum is always telling me I am a good little boy;)

Ok....just one of the one or two things will suffice for now. I'm being good....see:)