Wednesday 23 May 2007

Hungover


Hurray I hear you cry!! Another photo of Ros with a bloody mush - woohoo!!

I'm hungover.

Not from quaffing too much bolly dahling, not from concocting one too many cocktails, not from swigging seven pints of Swinesheads finest lager but from a lovely, entirely sober, weekend away.

Last weekend I was in darkest Lincs at a Hepaptitis C Forum social shindig. It was something I've not done before - but as I have recently been introduced to the forum and have been hugely benefiting from the support, love and knowledge of the peeps on there - I thought that I'd try and make it up there to put faces to lots of weird and wonderful names.

It was a wonderful and relaxing weekend but still exhausting. I travelled partly by train and the rest with Jason who was driving up from London with another hepper called Wolfie. Not only the travelling but the chatting, eating and drinking of tea has thoroughly worn me out! You may just be able to tell by this photo taken on Monday morning. It's a hangover of the knackered non-alcoholic kind!!

I am feeling only partially recovered and could do with the rest of the week in bed but no, I'm off to London today. The reason for this madness is that the public inquiry into contaminated blood and blood products having its second day tomorrow and I'm determined to be there to support my fellow bleeders who are giving evidence. It should be fascinating.

Wish me luck and I'll let you know how I got on ...

xx

4 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

You been eating mice again!!

I too was hungover...so to speak Ros. I was sooo tired that I missed (obviously didn't need) my painkillers during the night and also completely missed my 1am tablet...as you know, I took it the next morning and prolonged my hangover for another three or four hours!! That'll teach me to drive so far;)

Of course the pleasure was all mine:)

But wasn't it a truly wonderful weekend eh!

See you at the inquiry...

It is something the likes I have never been to before and although I know it is going to be emotional, it is going to be highly fascinating stuff.

JaexXx

pixie said...

Hi Ros glad you enjoyed the weekend..I know lots was tired after but i still feel it was worth it.....and I can vouch for your flapjacks they was great....see ya at the next bash....And the one I got in the pipeline for next year...Cx

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Howd'ya get on at the Public Enquiry Ros? Tell us all about it...I am sure you could do a better job than I did.
It was warm wasn't it...but very very interesting & emotional!

Jaex

P.s. Chrissy...what about the banana cake? It will be a happy day in the Tolmie househould when there is more of that to eat:)

steve said...

Hi I hope you dont mind me dropping in on your blog. My name is Steve I have only just started blogging again after a long break. I am starting tx myself soon I am glad to see there are some heppers still blogging, well done for going to the enquiry I am going on the 14th. All the very best Steve