Tuesday 21 August 2007

Am I over the Mooncup??

It has been some time since I blogged my initial cup insertion. Almost two weeks in fact. So what's the score? How's it held up? What's it held up? And what's it not held up?

Well...

That first 3 a.m. go was interesting to say the least. Having written my post and gone back to bed at about 4 a.m. I pondered for a while longer unable to sleep. How would I know when the Mooncup was full? I obviously had a massive, mattress sized night time towel on, so if there were to be any overflow it wouldn't stain my burgundy sheets and my waterproof mattress protector. But I was thinking about the suction. The suction that kept the Mooncup in place. Clever idea. Did it mean that there would be no spillage? Nothing would get past the vacuum sealed rim? Hmmmm.

If that was the case then what? After the cup was full? Would the cup be as tight as the Hoover dam. Would the flow then back up? Could it reverse fill my womb to overflowing? And with no outlet would it leech through my blood vessels and into the rest of my body? Pushing its way slowly up me, filling me up like a hot water bottle. Until there was just a little air left in the top of my head. Would bloody tears spring from my eyes? That's happened in the past - from a nose bleed not being able to come out my nose quick enough.

I awoke a few hours later and felt around for seepage from my bodily orifi - nothing - phew!

I made my way to the loo. Night time towel unsullied - wow - that's unusual. This thing was good! I poked my fingers around trying to find my little stalk and pulled. Now I could feel the suction. As it slowly released I braced myself for a dambursting outpour. Closed my eyes and pulled...

Nothing.

No splashing, no gushing, no noise whatsoever! I opened one eye. Clean bowl. I opened the other eye and brought the Mooncup into my line of sight. Nothing in it! Godammit!

There was a tiny trace of blood around the rim but that was it. Had I had some kind of allergic reaction? Had my blood been repelled from the silicon cup? Was it waiting like an ocean that had been parted, ready to bomb on out the moment the coast was clear? I braced myself again...

Nothing.

The bleeding had stopped. Pretty much the instant I inserted the Mooncup my bleeding had stopped. Now that was annoying.

I tend to be an unpredictable bleeder at the best of times. My bleeding patterns are generally undefinable except by being consistently inconsistent. So it wasn't an impossibility that my period had started as a gusher and dried up over night.

This doesn't mean it's over for this month - oooooh noooo. It will be back. Sooner or later. Sooner probly. Heavier or lighter. Heavier probly. Who knows where, who knows when... Not me that's for sure.

I cleaned out my cup and popped it back in its little baggy for next time.

Next time came within four days...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how you'd got on but thought it impolite to beg for details. But now? Tell us more! You can't leave us hanging like that! ;-D

Not Blank said...

Yes, how's the mooncup working this time? Maybe it's scared away your periods?!?

Not Blank said...

I can't hang out with you anymore, I'm having sympathy bleeding now and at my age, going to a store to buy supplies is embarrassing. (Actually, it's probably being around my daughter, who must be the Alpha female in the pack, that is causing it.)