Monday 10 January 2011

Government Announce Results of their Contaminated Blood Review

I'm really upset. The government are doing the least amount they can for those who meet the stage 2 Skipton Fund criteria and widows who can prove that their partners met that criteria. This is a small minority of our community and an inadequate, difficult to fulfil criteria. It is so minimal I'm bloody crying. 

What about the majority of us affected by this, as Andrew Lansley the Health Minister himself said, great tragedy. Nothing. Actually not nothing, free prescriptions and counselling. Well thanks, that makes up for me being too ill to work, being unable to have children, being a sham of a person and having a totally uncertain future. Nice one. 

I intend to blog more fully about the Government's announcement and their arguments against doing anything more meaningful over the next week.

In the mean time - happy new year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've sent you the draft of my email to my MP. Will get it sent off with a big Doc Marten's boot attached asap!

Ros said...

Thanks Bryony - you are a very involved star and I appreciate it. xx